User Manual 3dRudder Driver for SteamVR
The 3dRudder team has developed a 3dRudder Driver for SteamVR.
This Driver has the same aim that the controller mode of VR unleash mode from our Dashboard,
which allows binding and setting the 3dRudder for PC in all games in SteamVR.
The reasons why we propose this new driver are the following:
A better compatibility of the 3dRudder with all versions of SteamVR. The VR unleash mode of the Dashboard is specific to one version of SteamVR. During an update of SteamVR, we can have a compatibility issues with the VR Unleash mode of the Dashboard.
No conflict with Hand controllers(left and right).
Save and share configurations with all Steam users.
Visibility on Steam (having our own settings window and being able to download our driver on the Steam store).
The limits of the Driver are
No page to customize axes of the 3dRudder (deadzone, xstat, exp).
Cannot use games config on Dashboard and Driver simultaneously.
Does not work by default, users must have to create or get config for each game.
In this chapter, we present the several steps to use the 3dRudder Driver for SteamVR.
- Open the Dashboard of the 3dRudder and hide the 3dRudder to avoid conflict with the joystick mode (gamepad).
- Open Steam/SteamVR
If the 3dRudder is connected.
- If the 3dRudder is connected, the icon of the 3dRudder is displayed in steamVR.
- If you unplug the 3dRudder, the 3dRudder icon is grayed.
- Open the controller settings.
- First, to test if the driver works, click on test controller.
- Select the type of controller
- Select and click TreadMill
- Put your feet on the 3dRudder and see axes activated.
Don’t hesitate to scroll, this will allow you to display all the axes.
- Translation: Forward/Backward & Left/right
- Joystick Rotation: Rotation & Up/Down
- Rotation Left
- Rotation Right
- Back and select on of your games on the list at right.
- Select your game, and custom option
- And Click on “Edit this binding”
- Bind all axes/triggers with all actions of the games, for example click on Move tab
- Click on Rotation Left or Rotation Right trigger
- Select the type of input, for example Button
- Select None to see the list of bindable actions
- Select Turn Right to assign the Rotation Right (3dRudder) to Turn Right (Game)
- You can change the deadzone/threshold to trigger the action
- Go to Extra Settings and check Return bindings with X hand
Finally, open the game/application and test the rotation
You can edit, save and share the configuration.
In order to to publish your configuration, we propose to follow these instructions:
Open the Controller Binding without VR (because in VR you can’t use the virtual keyboard to write, it appears behind the VR Dashboard)
Select a game and choose a configuration or create one
Click on the “Publish to WorkShop” button and set the name and/or description
How to configure Fallout 4 VR to play with the 3dRudder on PC?
Introduction The 3drudder for PC is not natively integrated in Fallout 4. The 3drudder cannot be used with Fallout in "plug & play". But, it is possible to use the 3dRudder to play Fallout 4 VR on PC. For that, we propose to use either: - The ...
How to configure VRChat to play with the 3dRudder on PC?
Introduction The 3drudder for PC is not natively integrated in VRchat The 3drudder cannot be used as a "plug & play" device. But, it's possible to use the 3dRudder to play VRChat on PC. For that, we propose to use either: - The Dashboard of the ...
How to configure Rec Room to play with the 3dRudder on PC?
Introduction The 3drudder for PC is not natively integrated in Rec Room. The 3drudder cannot be used as a "plug & play" device. But, it's possible to use the 3dRudder to play Rec Room on PC. For that, we propose to use either: - The Dashboard of the ...
How to configure No Man's Sky to play with the 3dRudder on PC?
Introduction The 3drudder for PC is not natively integrated in No Man's sky. The 3drudder cannot be used as a "plug & play" device. But, it's possible to use the 3dRudder to play No Man's Sky on PC. For that, we propose to use either: - ...
[3dRudder for PC]: How to use the 3dRudder with your Oculus Quest?